Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy New Year!

“If you do what you always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.”  Anthony Robbins
New year, new attitude, new way of doing things.  Good riddance to 2011 and hello 2012! 

I’ve never been big on New Year resolutions, but these last few months, I’ve purposefully turned inward to identify areas in my life that need improvement.  Quieting my mind and spirit has never been easy, but it’s in my quiet moments that my clarity speaks the loudest. 

Every since I had my children, as with most parents, the focus of both Loverman and me has been on their well being, needs and wants.  Our beautiful brown babies are growing up, thriving, and becoming more independent every day.  Now, I feel confident to turn some of this focus onto myself and with the same fervor I exercise in meeting their needs, I’ll try to commit to the following in 2012 (in no particular order):

  1. Develop the creative project Loverman and I have been pondering for months
  2. Tell a story at a First Person Arts story slam
  3. Write, write, write
  4. Learn to knit
  5. Take a class at the Y at least twice a week

Maybe postings these intentions, is the first step in bringing them into fruition.   I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment